Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Next steps

This document is probably pointless to 99% of the 10 people who actually read this blog. I have to publish something for you to read. I wish there was more purpose with the documents that we are publishing and why. If there is one thing that teachers (or people in general?) despise, it's doing something that seems pointless. Publishing something without a real purpose of who will read it and why seems pointless to me.

In other news, I have been busy. Very busy.

Helping a school with 1100 students towards Balanced Literacy with a workshop model when the teachers see their students a total of two hours on a good day is difficult, to say the least.

Difficult, but worth it.

Right now I am in the drafting phase of our 5-8 year plan of action. I am also making big decisions about what is to come. I'm relatively certain that I will be hated by more than a few people next year. I'm also relatively certain that that's okay with me.

Good teaching means learning every day. Good administration means setting the bar high for myself and everyone around me while being willing and available to struggle alongside each teacher, challenge myself and others, reflect and grow.

What have you learned from the best and worst leadership that you have had?

No comments:

Post a Comment