Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I do what I do

I have now officially been on maternity leave for one week. I have 5 weeks to go. I have done nothing of any real value with my time, yet.

I'll say last week didn't count because my friend was in town and I was stomach sick two days. You may not agree, but I don't really care.

I was so excited for all the things I was going to get done while on leave, but I think the world is trying to slow me down. 12 glorious hours of leave hadn't passed before my doctor told me to stop driving. Stop driving? What about all my plans to spend hours walking up and down the aisles of Costco? What about my plans to take care of so many errands around town? Her reason is that she doesn't want me to get into an accident and then go into labor. I agree, that wouldn't be fun. However, I think going stircrazy is probably a negative, too. Strike one against productivity.

I thought I would get out and exercise every morning before it gets too warm. February and March in Puebla gets pretty warm. However, I have a new friend that visits me from about 4-6am every night. Her name is insomnia. On top of that my husband has decided to start snoring. I spend a good part of the morning trying to recover from the night. Strike two.

So far, there's no strike three. There's still hope for me and productivity to join forces. But for now, here is the lowdown on my day.

8:00 Get up and make Ramon a sandwich for work, make breakfast.

9:00 Kiss Ramon goodbye, fill my coffee cup and settle in for some fab Mexican television. Que venga la alegria!

Somewhere between 10:00 and 1:00 Take a shower, make bed, wash dishes, maybe do a load of laundry, maybe clean something.

1:00- 3:00 Gmail, Facebook, Blogs, repeat.

3:00 Eat something.

3:00- 7:00 See 1:00-3:00 and go for my daily waddle.

7:00 Clean something or look active because my husband will be home soon and I don't want him to know how lazy I've been all day.

7:30-11:00 News, Telenovelas, Talk with my husband, Baby goes Alien, Laugh at how weird my stomach looks.

11:00-4:00 Sleep, kind of.

4:00-6:00 Go to the bathroom, eat a cookie, stare at ceiling, try to get my husband to stop snoring, sometimes try to wake up husband to have some company.

6:00-8:00 Sleep, kind of.

Yeah, you jealous?

4 comments:

  1. So funny and so true. Your day will look prtty similar after the baby comes but you get to add fun stuff like: changed baby's clothes 10 times in 20 minutes. 5 because of spit up, 3 because of projectile pooping, and 2 because you changed your mind about the outfit combo.

    You will also be watching more tv than you thought was possible. What else do you do when your stuck on the couch nursing for hours on end?

    I love your blog, Shannon. Thanks for making me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!! My favorite part is "go for my daily waddle" I'm starting to relate... hope you're feeling well and the whole insurance thing got worked out!! Cuidense!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahaha...SO true! Oh man, Shannon, this made me laugh - and I needed a laugh today. Find some good books, because you WILL feel like you are stuck on the couch for hours on end nursing. Watching TV gets old after a while. Oh, you know what else is surprising? You have to RE-LEARN how to walk without a waddle after you give birth. And I thought that it would just disappear...not the case. Have fun with that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha ha! Pregnancy transcends culture. It's true... Also, strike 3: massive joint pain and swelling of the limbs. It's coming watch out. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete