Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Creating a Blog

Dear everyone,

I am learning something very exciting in the course I am taking about integrating technology into the classroom. It is called a blog. I hope that I can learn to use this tool successfully.

Ok, so maybe I'm being sarcastic and maybe I'm wishing that I could spend my time doing something different.

Here's the good news. I have to use the blog to post things about education or technology or something. I don't really know because I was busy on Teachers Pay Teachers, that's like the pinterest for teachers. When I wasn't on that, I was checking my email. When I wasn't doing that, I was on Facebook. So, moral of the story, I am utilizing my knack for tuning out Spanish right now. So that maybe wasn't news at all.

But, here is some news. I have to tell you that I have fallen back in love with education. I have fallen in love with teaching and learning. I might want to write about it, so for those of you who don't love teaching and learning, this blog might get boring. But, let's be honest, anything is less boring than not posting since December. Am I right? Something's better than nothing.

In other news, I have to get glasses. All of this renewed love for teaching has inspired a lot of reading and writing, and now I can't see anymore and have had a headache for the past three weeks.

In completely unrelated news, I have also fallen back in love with coffee. Morning, noon, night. I love it.

See you around the blogosphere.

1 comment:

  1. Shannon,

    Great to hear about your renewed love of education! Now that I'm beginning my PhD in School Psychology I've found a lot of inspiration and rejuvenation also. The focus of my doctoral work will be school psychology integrating Learning Sciences, so I hope you won't mind if I solicit some advice/practical experiences from you as you embark on the "blogosphere" project. Specifically, one of my goals is to provide further support for positive educational outcomes to children who need special education from latin american backgrounds here in the US. Somedays, though, (when thinking back on "E") and my student teaching, I dream of helping to write the special education policy for Colegio Americano. I would write a grant for international educational collaboration and we could figure out a pilot study to do if Colegio Americano would be okay with it, etc. Until then, thank so much for sharing your beautiful family and experiences via the internet, and for being such a positive influence on my initial professional education. If there is any research you would like help tracking down or resources that I can provide, please don't hesitate to ask. I still keep my gmail email address valid.

    Sincerely yours,
    Brendan Hendrick
    School Psychology PhD
    School of Education
    University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill

    ReplyDelete