Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Behind


So, I'm a little late and it's already December. For those who gag at thankfulness, like me, and thought that we were done with it for another 11 months, sorry. I made a promise and I want to keep it.

22. Face paint. I have some pretty magical pictures of AV and face paint that I would love to show you. I just can't seem to get them from my phone to the computer, so you're going to have to trust me on this one. If the child didn't have enough personality as it is, add face paint and she is out of this world.

23. Mexican traffic. Oh wait. That's a total lie. But, at least I have a car and can drive. So we'll take that as a win.

24. My job. I know I used this one before, but now it's for a different reason. This reason being that I'm pretty certain I'm not getting one single Christmas gift from a child/parent. Weird? Maybe, but that's okay with me. The only thing I might miss a little is never having to buy shower gel, like, ever.

25. Liam. My very first nephew. He recognized my voice when I called the other day, with no caller id or anything. Love that kid.

26. Connor. My very second nephew. Mom said he has two-year-old selective hearing. When she said it was time to brush his teeth, he escaped to the garage to brush the dog's teeth.

27. Sawyer. My very third nephew. He doesn't sleep and his parents haven't exploded or turned into wild animals and eaten him as their prey. He's one lucky kid to have been born to them and not to me.

28. Twilight Movies. Ramon and I went to the movies for the first time since before AV was born. The only movie starting remotely close to the time when we arrived was the new Twilight movie. We had not seen any other movies and loved it. Mostly because we were cracking up the entire time. At one point, Ramon turned to me and whispered, "It's like a cross between Karate Kid and The Incredibles." Sorry, vampire lovers. The scenery was nice, though.

29. 19 days until we are homeward bound. It feels so nice.

30. Christmas decorations. I can finally say that all of our Christmas decor has a story and a purpose. Everything except the icicle lights, but, whatev. I have gotten rid of everything I don't like or want and I'm happy to see it decorating classrooms around school. I have also finally learned how to make a proper paper snowflake. I may spend too much time doing this now.

Had I given you all my thankfulness in November, you wouldn't have gotten that last one. Aren't you happy I waited?

No comments:

Post a Comment