Wednesday, October 28, 2009

I can't make this up.

Sometimes I hate my job, I'm sure everyone does.

Sometimes I love my job, I'm sure everyone does, too.

Today I had both of these experiences. In the morning, I wanted to curl up under my desk and hope that the children would disappear. In an effort to be positive, I'll spare the details on the negative part and get to the silver lining of my day.

The students are in a unit of inquiry that looks into different perspectives and points of view, how these lead to conflict and how we have to listen to others to live together in harmony. To get the kids thinking about perspective and point of view, I decided to have them write a story about eating from the perspective of the food. Pretty straight forward, right? After 10 minutes of working, one kid raises his hand to ask a question. He asked the following:

"Miss, is it okay if the story's fiction?"

1 comment: