Thursday, April 29, 2010

Efficiency? What's that?

I usually like being efficient. I like getting things done. I'm the type of person who would put "wake up" on a to-do list just to feel like I started my day accomplishing something.

Why then, have I lost the will to be efficient?

There are a million things that I could do with the precious time that my hands are not full of a baby. I could get my home organized. I could wash dishes, sweep and mop floors and put laundry away. I could make the bed. I could put all of our documents in order and get everything prepared for doctor's appointments, passport and embassy appointments. Heck, I could even brush my hair or put on make-up or something.

But, no.

Here's what I do instead. I watch Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution on youtube. I check, recheck, and check facebook again. I paint my fingernails. (I painted them an awesome shade of orange and I'm actually pretty psyched about it) I read People magazine. (I actually paid 7 bucks to be able to waste my time reading People magazine in English) I read blogs.

Oh well, efficiency and productivity just may not be all they're cracked up to be.

1 comment:

  1. haha...i was the same way when joey was born. I think you get to give yourself at least 3 months of recovery time after the first baby...because once there are two kids there is no time for recovery :). Enjoy it...you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete