Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Oh jeez...

I'm one of "those" moms.

I have to check to make sure my baby is breathing because I haven't heard her make a noise in approximately 4 seconds.

I can't stop worrying about if and when she will or won't poop.

I wake my husband up at least twice each night telling him to put the baby in the crib. She's already there.

I convinced myself that a tiny baby had swallowed a giant piece of plastic and made aforementioned husband turn on all the lights at 4:00am to find the aforementioned piece of plastic.

But, look at this face, wouldn't you do the same thing??

5 comments:

  1. I think that this is inherently your nature ;) Just think of what a great mom you are going to be raising your child with constant attention & care!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry, I'm pretty sure every good mom does the exact same thing. Whenever I actually fell asleep I would usually wake up about 30 seconds later to make sure Clare was still breathing and hadn't somehow done a flip and smothered herself. What a cutie!! You're doing great Shannon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATS Shannon! What a beautiful baby!! So happy for your family of three now :)
    You are a GREAT mom!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally normal, Shannon. I do the same thing...even with James. Don't worry; some of the craziness goes away once they're not so tiny and fragile. :) You're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats, Shannon!!! She is beautiful! Isn't it humbling to see that no matter what, you are BOUND to be one of "those moms" AHH!!! ;)he he

    ReplyDelete