Saturday, June 12, 2010

AV at 2 months.

She's two and a half months now. These are her two month pictures. I got behind. Sorry.

Things I loved from this month:

-Smiles and sounds. She loves to chat. I love to hear her. We have some awesome convos. Hopefully she'll still like to talk to me when she's fifteen.

-Sleeping more. Getting up only once or twice each night is amazingly easier than three times. I can't wait until it's zero-one times a night, though.

-Growing confidence. I finally feel like I generally know what I'm doing. I have moments where I lose confidence, but mostly I think I've got the hang of things for today.

-Going back to work. Weird, I know. But, it really makes me appreciate and take advantage of the time we have together in the afternoons.

-Drinking alcohol. I missed my occasional beer and sangria while I was pregnant. All you moms know you did, too. It's nice to be able to have a drink again without thinking that a sip is going to cause serious irreperable damage.

-Hats! As if my kid wasn't cute enough to start (shameless bragging and I don't mind), throw a hat on her and her cuteness goes through the roof.

Things I'm looking forward to:

-Laughing. I think she's on the verge. She'll open her mouth real big, but no sound yet. Come on, baby, laugh!

-Washington Summer. Counting down the days until we go to WA. It's been so hot and I can't wait to have a cooler, but still warm, summer visit. I can't wait to get AV splashing in the kiddy pool at Samena.

And here she is! Yes, we are still getting the hang of the whole "sit by the bunny" photo shoot thing.







1 comment:

  1. Hi Shannon! Megan Hanley here. Sometimes facebook leads me to your blog, and I wanted to share a link with you that I thought you might appreciate as you wait for AV's first chuckle. It's a clip from Radio Lab's show Laughter. Radio Lab is kind of like Bill Nye the Science Guy for Grown-Ups, and it's brilliant. Anyway, you should tune in around minute 3:42 and listen until at least 8:31 and then from 16:15-17:18(assuming you can find six free minutes in your day!). Hope you and your family are doing well!

    ReplyDelete