Saturday, June 19, 2010

Feeling thoughtful

Because I know you love my insight. Because I know you love my reflective nature. Because I know no one else would blog about this in a million years. Because my baby's asleep and I have a few minutes.

I give to you, drumroll please, my thoughts on Mexican bathrooms.

They usually leave a lot, bold font, italics, to be desired.

The thing I usually desire most is a toilet seat. Why would you have a toilet with no seat? Even if you are going to cover and hover, the seat just needs to be there. This is not a random occurance that I speak of, it's a real common occurance, actually. People move from home to home and bring their seat with them because you can't be sure your new house will have one.

Toilet paper outside the stall. I don't get this one either. One giant roll to share amongst all. I like to think that the goal is to reduce tp-wastefulness. But let's be honest. No one is going to undersestimate their tp needs. You will inevitably take more paper than you could ever possibly use. The savings are lost. Just give each stall a roll, please. If not to save money, do it for the poor new-to-Mexico Gringa who hasn't learned about the one roll and who will at least once enter the stall before realizing she is tp-less.

On the subject of tp...What is up with roll placement? If you are lucky enough to get a roll to yourself, it always ends up being in a weird place. This happens in public and home bathrooms. You have to pivot and turn, or reach and risk falling just to get your squares. I feel like most people end up putting the roll on top of the tank since it's just too much effort to get the tp from its designated space.

Gold, in Mexibathroom world is this, for me:
Clean
Seat
Door
Individual TP
Running water
Soap
Free or less thn 3 pesos.

There you have it, deep thoughts.

1 comment:

  1. also you must comment about the communal trash can in the itty bitty stall where everybody disposes their wiped poo and pee..

    this even happens at angelopolis where i'm sure the piping can handle toilet paper.

    ReplyDelete