Friday, June 4, 2010

Cheese and Sap...

...Things found in a house in a forest?

Nope. It's the general sentiment of this post.

This week I went (came since I'm here now) back to work.

AV is fine. She is such a good girl. She sleeps and eats and melts her abuelo's hearts for the morning. Then she spends the afternoon in my arms. Not so much because she wants to, but because I don't want to let her go.

There's nothing like being mom to make you feel like the most important person in the entire world. Obama, Benedict 16, Lightning McQueen, and Lady Gaga have nothing on me. They can be plastered all over magazines, newspapers and the internet. But, they can't make my baby smile. They can't make her fall asleep instantly. They can't make her stop crying. They don't know what each cry means and the different ways to make them go away.

I knew I wanted to be a mom. I didn't know how amazing it would be.

I have days (usually nights) where I pray that she will just go to sleep and stay asleep for a while. I have afternoons where I think, "Oh my goodness, wasn't it 4:30 an hour ago. What am I possibly going to do with this child for another 4 hours before bath and bedtime?"

Every moment I'm at work, I'm wondering what she's doing. I can't wait to get home every afternoon.

My kid is just that awesome.

Being a mom really is just that amazing (minus the 1st month when you have no idea what you're doing and everything makes you sob).

If you're considering procreating, I highly recommend it.

1 comment:

  1. ok so thank you for your comment about being in the first month and not knowing what you're dooing and everything makes you want to cry. I'm happy to know 1) I'm not the only one who feels like that and 2) that it will get easier and better. I'm thankful for the "now" too- it's just a sleep-deprived, frustrated I'm not great at this yet, teary, confused kind of thankful...I'm so happy for you and AV- cuidense mucho!!

    ReplyDelete