Friday, November 16, 2012

A couple more

15. I'm thankful that I'm anal about what time I leave for work. Not only do I miss most of the traffic, but if I leave by 7:02 at the latest, of the 21 minute commute approximately 18 minutes are music. If I leave any later then the last 5+ minutes of my commute are either horoscopes (do people honestly think that a certain color underwear is going to change your destiny?) or the sappy and inspirational daily reflection (if I wanted to cry my eyes out on my way to work, I wouldn't do my makeup. Give a working mom a break, will ya!) 6:59-7:02 is the window anything after that is a failure. It's unnerving that I know this, but I'm really thankful that I do.

16. I'm thankful that my kid loves and responds well to bribes. Maybe this isn't great parenting, but it sure gets things done and done well. Don't want a fit in the grocery store? Bribe her with a yogurt. Want the toys cleaned up? Bribe her with some fruit snacks. Want obedience? Sticker chart. Am I conditioning my child? Probably. Am I worried about that? A little. Is it working? Yes, so questions one and two are pretty much null and void.

No comments:

Post a Comment