Tuesday, April 23, 2013

1st Grade Literacy

We have started a journey at the American School. That journey is a marriage of two great things- inquiry-based learning and balanced literacy. Marriage is probably actually the very best way to describe it because it's hard work, not always fun, and I'm in it 'til death do us part.

When I was home for Christmas, my sister graciously invited me to her classroom (or I told her that I was going...details, really.) I got to see balanced literacy in action. Since then I was also able to see it in action in Monterrey. I am sold. It works. Kids love to read and write and know why they love to read and write.

Here are some pics from the time I spent in her class. Not because you are especially interested, but because I have to post this for the class I'm taking.


1st Grade Literacy on PhotoPeach


No comments:

Post a Comment