Monday, May 17, 2010

Am I the only one?

As I was drifting off to sleep last night, as with most nights, my mind started to wander. This is dangerous usually because it tends to wander really strange places. Last night it wandered here, to things that really skeez me out. Then, I started to wonder if these same things skeezed other people out, too. Or, am I the only one.

Am I the only one seriously, like I'm talking your knees want to shake and some portion of you brain totally shuts down, teeth hurt, etc, skeezed out by the following:

1. Unidentifiable bugs. There was a, later defined by Ramon, grasshopper in my house. If you've never seen a grasshopper up close, they are absolutely grotesque. They have weird antennae, fat legs and are transparent. Gag! The worst part was that I saw it one day, tried to kill it, missed and lost it. Then I found it again the next day, tried to kill it, failed again, and lost it again. Then, I found it again while in the bathroom. By the way, everything is scarier when it happens while you're sitting on the pot. Almost fell off said pot, smashed bug with a box of toothpaste, lost the bug, found it, made sure it was good and dead and then carried it, at arms length, to my husband for identification. It's not so scary knowing it's a grasshopper, but those first few days were pretty bad.

2. Getting your socks wet. Eeew. Gross. There is nothing more skeezy then when your socks get wet. Like when the shower is dripping and you try your best to step on a dry spot to close the faucet, but you ALWAYS, without fail, step on a wet spot AND turn the handle the wrong way and spray yourself a little bit. I can handle a wet shirt. I cannot handle wet socks. It makes my joints hurt just thinking about it.

3. Warm chairs. There is very little worse than sitting down in a public place in an unoccupied seat that you didn't see become unoccupied to find that the seat is warm. Ugh, it makes my stomach do flips thinking about it. You know it grosses you out, too.

Now, you might think that these must be the thoughts of a sleep-deprived mother, but no, that's just normal for me. We'll see where my mind takes me tonight.

PS. I'd really like to know what skeezes you out to see if I've missed any obvious skeez-inducing events.

2 comments:

  1. the sound of nail clippers clipping... wet hands on glass... dry hands on construction paper... a wet towel on my bed... loose teeth... watching someone put in contacts... paper cuts... should i go on?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not warm chairs in public; warm toilet seats! EEEWWWWW! Also, stepping on something left over from dinner that dropped on the floor and you didn't notice it. I hate the unidentifiable SQUISH. Even though you know it's just macaroni, it's beyond disgusting; socks or barefooted.

    ReplyDelete