Sunday, May 23, 2010

Creative Money Making

I've been trying to come up with some creative ways to make money while working from home. I've scoured the internet, but everything seems just a little bit shady. You know what they say, if you want something done, you have to do it yourself. So far I've come up with the following ideas. I'm not sure how viable any of them are but, it's a start.

Win the Lottery. Very low investment on my part with the potential for huge pay-off. The only problem is the millions of other people who are also using this plan to get rich and stay at home.

Mexi-gut Diet Drink. The premise is this: you buy my diet drink and get thin quick, I get rich. It seems simple. All I have to do is invest in some water bottles and a label maker and then fill 'em up with my tap water. Where I live there is some serious hard water, I'll charge extra for the vitamins and minerals that you just can't get from any old tap water. Low cost investment on my part. The side effects for the consumer are pretty detrimental, however. Unless you don't mind living with the runs and amoebas in your system, of course. Though, now that I think about it, those could be the side effects of a lot of different diet drinks. So, really, the idea isn't that too far fetched, I guess.

Be a full-time blogger. I read a little about blogging for profit. Here's the scheme though, you have to write about one thing, be good at it and get other people to think you're good at it, too. I've got about 250 friends on facebook, maybe 25(on a good day) will click over to my blog. I don't think that's enough to get rich. Plus, there's the whole write about one thing and be good at it part. Oh well, I guess that one's out.

Start a School. This is really a dream in the works. I have recounted the adventures of the AS world. It has its ups. It has its downs. They are doing a fabulous job at taking away just about every perk that existed for working there. My hat's off, really. The only thing really left is the paycheck and the schedule (You can't really complain about Monday-Friday 8-2). So, if that's all that's left, why not start my own school? I've got access to curriculum. I have a Master's in Administration. I know quite a few people here and State-side who would make the jump with me. I'm just missing the start-up capital and the population. I think I could get the students. Now, how about the money. I'm totally willing to go into reality TV. If the Gosselin's can do it, why can't I? I'm totally way more interesting, and way less annoying. Plus, I haven't been nor will I ever be married to Jon Gosselin, that's got to be a major plus.

Afternoon tutoring. I could definitely start my own little after school-school in my home. Counting each couch cushion and chair, I could have a total of 10 kids at a time. I could open a 3-4, 4-5, 5-6 and 6-7 time slot. 4 hours times 10 is 40 kids times 30 bucks a week each is, (hold on I have to open up the calculator. What? I don't teach math) 1200 bucks a week. Really? I just had to go back and do the math on that one again because I wasn't convinced. It's true. I might have just found the winner. With cash flow like that, I might even give the kids a snack or something. I will definitely have a disclaimer that I have no responsibility over their grades. Monday-Thursday. 4 hours a day times 4 days a week is, besides being math that I can do in my head, 16 hours a week. I'm totally down for that.

The last option is to spend half of what we make now. That's easy, we already do. Almost all my money goes into savings. The only problem is we need to buy a car, a house, and plane tickets. Put that on your list for the grocery store and it comes up to about 100+ some odd thousand dollars. When you only make two thousand on a good month, that's a lot. We're going to need my mula, at least for a while.

I'm totally open to other options for money making. That's a lie, I don't want to have to work that hard, I don't want to have to do anything weird, and I don't want to leave my house for very long. So, I guess I'm not that open to very many other ways to make money. However, if you would like to give me around 1,000 bucks a month and have me do nothing, I would have no problem obliging.

Think about it and let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment