Monday, January 11, 2010

Baby, it's cold outside

You're probably thinking that there's no way it could possibly be cold. I've heard it all. "Why don't you have a tan? Don't you live in Mexico?" "It's hot all year round down there isn't it?" Well my friends, the answer is no. Right now, more than ever, it is downright chilly.


I propose this question to you. If it were 39 degrees outside your house, would you have your heater on? I sure would...if I had one. I live in a world where insulation and central heating are nonexistent.


My solution? One more layer, one more blanket, one more pair of socks, one more cup of tea, hot chocolate, ponche, etc. I'm thanking God for my built in heating system this winter, too.


Today, notch your heat up one more degree and think of us. Brr....

2 comments:

  1. It's like people from the East Coast or the South coming up here and being totally perplexed that we don't have air conditioning in our homes. LOL. Or like people saying, "Seattle? Doesn't it rain ALLL the time?" Also, you need rice bags - they are amazing little lifesavers when you don't have heat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just by virtue of having no heat, you are thereby reducing your "carbon footprint". I therefore proclaim your "too long, waiting for the hot shower" ecologically sound. In fact, the planet wants you to do it!

    ReplyDelete