Friday, January 29, 2010

I didn't believe it...

...before I got pregnant.

There are a lot of things that pregnant women say that to women who have never been pregnant seem ridiculous. I didn't believe, but now I do. Here is a list, though not an exhaustive one, of the things I didn't believe, but now I do.

1. You really have to pee all the time.
I go to the bathroom before I leave work. By the time I get home, 10 minutes later, I'm running to the bathroom again. The other day I got home, went, and not five minutes later had to go again. I even checked with Ramon, "I did just go to the bathroom, didn't I?" You piddle like two drops and it's sweet relief for about 20 minutes.

2. You waddle.
I thought that was totally exaggerated and untrue. It's not. I don't know when it happened or how, but I am now a waddler. Just a note to people who like to talk to pregnant ladies, you don't need to tell me I walk like a penguin or a duck. Believe me, I already know.

3. You have some seriously strange dreams.
Just this week I traveled to China and kneelers came out of nowhere, so everyone started praying, except my mom, she decided to have some dumplings. Then we decided to try to go from Mexico to the US illegally using only 15 bucks, just to see if we could. Good thing the Border Patrol thought my story was cool and let me go.

4. You turn dumb.
I can't remember anything. On Thursday I went to the grocery store, came home and happily went inside. About 20 minutes later, I remembered there were groceries in the car. Whoops. Thank goodness I didn't buy anything that needed to be super cold. (Another side note, I just realized that I had my numbers going from 3 to 5 skipping 4, case in point)

Here we are at 31 weeks. Ramon took this last Sunday. I'm surrounded with Ana Victoria's baby loot in what will be her bedroom. 60 days to go...

3 comments:

  1. how cute are you!! I loved reading this post because i can completely relate with everything you said :). Dreams especially! You are looking good...the next 9 weeks will fly by....you will be in our prayers :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look GREAT Shannon and very happy at that!! Am so happy for you! Count on our prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A couple things:

    First, and most importantly, you look amazing! You're just all belly and its adorable!

    Secondly, I found it interesting to learn that the reason pregnant women waddle is because all those ligaments loosen up to get ready to give birth. It means you're close!

    ReplyDelete