Monday, January 4, 2010

Growing Baby

As the baby grows bigger and the time before her arrival grows shorter, irrational, wild and downright weird fears just seem to grow increasingly common in my world. I'm sure that's probably normal and as the fears pass I can laugh about them, but in the moment they really get to me.
For example, the other day when I got on the plane, the stewardess made me sign a letter that would pardon the airline in case anything happened to me or the baby during the flight. So, I signed because I had to and then my mind started to spin. My conclusion was that the pressurized cabin was going to change the pressure of the amniotic fluid and the baby's ears or eardrums were going to pop. It was enough to make me worry the entire flight...
Another example, the baby moves. A lot! She is always spinning and kicking and who knows what else inside of me. This should be, and is, a wonderful sign that the baby is healthy and growing. I, on the other hand, got the idea in my head that there wasn't enough fluid and she was kicking me to try to get out. I couldn't fall asleep for like 2 hours worrying about it. Ridiculous, I know, but try to get that through my brain in the moment!
Today, I woke up with the deathly fear of becoming hugely fat. So far, in 28 weeks of pregnancy I've gained between 12-15 pounds. Totally normal. I decided today that I'm some how in the next 3 months going to turn into Violet from Willy Wonka who turns into the giant blueberry. Maybe it's because I got a matching sweatsuit for Christmas and now you can really see my belly??
I'm hoping these silly fears subside, or at the very least are replaced with rational fears. It's hard to believe that in just 12 weeks, our baby will be here!
On to what you're all really interested in: Belly pictures.
This one is at 24 weeks in front of our first Alvarez Family Christmas tree.




This one is at 27 1/2 weeks in front of the Hickey family Christmas tree. (Note the matching sweatsuit)
Merry Christmas from us to you!

1 comment:

  1. HI Shannon! I haven't looked on here in a while! I had to laugh reading this post about fears - I totally felt the same thing. And just wait until the baby is born and you are celebrating each day you are able to "keep her alive." UG!! the worries of parenthood! So excited for you guys - hope you are feeling well!!! God bless you!

    ReplyDelete